We are hosting a hustings event for the Green Party mayoral candidates on 20 July at the Herne Hill United Church (Red Post Hill, Herne Hill, SE24 9PW) from 7pm.
We want to maintain momentum in the 2016 London elections after our recent election successes. In London, our vote share tripled in the General Election with a 7.1% increase in Lambeth, and membership continues to surge across the city. We can have a huge impact in 2016 so it is essential that we pick the right candidate to lead the campaign. Please come and join us to hear what the candidates have to say. The hustings are open to Green Party members from all London parties.
Six candidates have put themselves forward:
- Jonathan Bartley, convenor of the Lambeth Green Party, is our work and pensions spokesperson and was the Green parliamentary candidate for Streatham in 2015.
- Sian Berry is a Green councillor for Camden and works as a road campaigner for Campaign for Better Transport. She was our parliamentary candidate for Hampstead and Highgate in the 2005 General Election.
- Tom Chance, our spokesperson for housing, is joint-coordinator of the London Green Party. He was our parliamentary candidate for Lewisham West in 2015.
- Benali Hamdache is our equalities spokesperson and chair of LGBTIQ Greens.
- Rashid Nix, who was our parliamentary candidate for Dulwich and West Norwood in 2015.
- Caroline Russell, our spokesperson for local transport, is also an Islington councillor. She was our parliamentary candidate for Islington North in 2015.